Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Week in Review -- Using "Text Speak" and Emoticons



While working on her arm hang at Kids' Bootcamp, Adelle Christine is modeling
the many emotions I have felt about my pull-up resolution this week.
Picture #1: :) Smiley Face Well hello, camera.  Are you taking a picture of me?  Did I mention that I WON the Paleo Challenge?  Would you like to see some of my cute new Lululemon workout apparel?


Picture #2: BTW, it's actually time to do this thang.  Coach Rut nudged me toward the pull-up bar this week because apparently I need to actually start working on a pull up.  Rut showed me how to use a pull-up assist thingy-ma-bopper that hangs from the pull-up bar.  Somehow I'm supposed to get my awkward, uncoordinated 5' 10" frame and size 10 foot into this contraption and actually begin working on a pull-up.  I'm preparing to relive my elementary school/junior high p.e. days as the not-so-agile girl amidst the lithe and lean athletes on the other side of the gym.  "Whatevs," I think.  I resolve myself to hang.


Picture #3: WTF Best miserable scrunched up nose picture evah.  Whose idea was it that I should learn to do a pull up?  Damn it.  I have a blog.  People are going to know if I back out.  Accountability sucks.  I hate all athletes who are super-fit and make everything look easy. It hurts. It hurts.  It hurts.  I missed three workouts this week because I felt fluish, and I got behind at work.  I might cry.  Great.  We're doing a million double-unders for our WOD today?  That'll be freaking AWESOME considering that I can't do double unders either.  I hate this.  What's that?  I have some chocolatey looking substance on the back of my super-cute Wonder Under Lulu crops.  Of course I do.  I should back out.  I will never be able to do a pull up.  Totally dumb idea, Jennifer.  I'm miserable.  This bites.  (I dreamt about Reese's Peanut Buttercups last night.)


Picture #4: :l Determined Face  FINE.  I will do this.  I don't want to break Paleo because Heaven knows that I do not want to go through carb withdrawal again.  It's time to buck up, stay true to my resolution, and go forward.  I've come this far.


Peace out, pull-up peeps.


Stay tuned for more frequent posts.


Gotta get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment