Saturday, January 22, 2011

Paleo Challenge: Day 13


I'm nearly 2 weeks into my 30-day, eat-like-a-cavegirl challenge, and there have been some ups & downs.

The Downs
Day #2: The novelty of my new lifestyle had worn off, & I was crashing from carb & sugar withdrawal. It didn't help that I was home with the kids for a snow day. I dreamt I was in a bathtub full of Skittles on Day 2. I'm telling you. It was u.g.l.y, & I didn't have no alibi. It was ugly. Yeah. Yeah. It was ugly.
Week #1: Speaking of ugly, my workouts felt slow and sluggish. Worst of all, I was pretty sure that my sweat smelled like olive oil and garlic.

The Ups
Day #9 Workout: Finally, this past Wednesday's workout was kickin'. I made it to the bottom and top of a 10, 9, 8, 7... rep ladder workout. I was giddy.
Wardrobe Functions -- ALWAYS Preferable to Wardrobe MALFUNCTIONS: I haven't weighed myself, but my clothes are fitting loose. Oh. And the unsolicited kind comments feel great. I have muscle definition in my arms. Popeye was right. All this spinach is building the strong muscles.
Oh, pull-up. I'm coming for ya!

Love,
Jennifer Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment